When to use this option?
- When the project file size is large (over 100MB)
- When there are modeling issues (gaps in the enclosure, elements overlap, model conditions are causing slow processing
- When the model has multiple extraneous elements that are not required for energy analysis eg. topography, furniture, plumbing, mechanical equipment, excessive views / detailing / presentation or rendering views etc
- Insert project as a link into a new file/template
- Ensure Link is non Room-Bounding
- Create levels in this new project to match the linked model
- Set Site Location in the Manage Tab of Revit
- Copy essential elements from the link using the Tab key on the keyboard to select (walls, floors, roofs and glazing)
- Hide the linked model or use worksets to turn off
- Analyze the host model with these copied elements only
While there still may be some modeling issues, this simplifies a project and allows examination of essential elements to isolate areas that require attention.
Copy/Monitor may be used to synchronize with the original file if there are any changes.
Create an Energy Model in Revit and if successful, copy internal walls to add spatial detail and to analyze Heat Gains on the internal spaces.